Greater Noida authority has recently hired an engineering consultancy RITES to prepare & submit a CMP (Comprehensive Mobility Plan) for the city which will anticipate population growth from current 8 Lakh to 25 Lakh in the next 10 years.
The major highlights for this report will be:
- The population projection over the next 20 years.
- De-congestion plan for the important intersections in Greater Noida & Greater Noida West.
- The incremental transportational need like bus stops, pedestrian infrastructure, vending zones, cycle tracks for people & how to overcome this.
- Traffic management plan for mobility.
- Mass transit plans with routes & networks.
The purpose to hire such consultants is there are several big tickets projects such as Jewar Airport, National Polics and Forensic Universities are lined up for development, also several foreign direct investments are taking shape in Greater Noida will increase traffic movement in the city soon. As told by Mr. Bhooshan, CEO of GNIDA “Our aim is to provide residents of this city with world class transport infrastructure and relief from daily traffic problems” which by us is a great initiative by the authority by taking advance planning in consideration.
RITES will be submitting an inception plan within a month and will prepare the final plan in 15 months. They will be making suggestions on initiatives that can be taken over five, 10 and 20 years. We have asked them to focus on not just the traffic situation, but also the other needs of the road network and related infrastructure.
The Authority officials have also asked for increased emphasis on walking, cycling and non-motorised transport infrastructure.